My workout today felt MUCH better than the one on Monday did! I can't believe what a drastic difference I felt on only my second time. My lungs feel a bit tired but they didn't hurt at all, whereas on Monday they really HURT. The pain in the instep of my left foot was MUCH less today as I walked around the track, and wasn't bothering me after the workout, whereas on Monday it hurt very badly the whole day.
Today I did 1 mile around the track in 22 mins... just slightly quicker than Monday but at least it's something. Then I did 20 minutes on the ARC trainer on hills intervals level 1. Then I did 15 minutes on the lifefitness elliptical, hills level 1. Finished off with a couple cooldown laps around the track and some stretching. It felt really good actually!!! I was tired, but I was able to push through it quite a bit easier than Monday. It gave me hope again, feeling like... in a month, how great will I feel??? That's what I care about!
I was talking to my dad about how in a couple of weeks I want to start using Tuesday and Thursday for strength & flexibility training at the other facility. He said he would like to try that out with me as well. That made me very happy, because I will have more accountability to go if he goes, and also because I'm happy he wants to take another step forward with his health and fitness!!!
I had lunch today with Melissa (sis in law) and if she gets offered the part time position she applied for, and we can work around her schedule, she said she'd like to do some of this working out with me too. That would be cool, but I'll try not to count on it, because that doesn't work out too well for me.
One good thing about my dad for accountability.... it's still really relying on myself. I feel more compelled to go because he's going, but he really doesn't say anything if I don't go. I could easily make an excuse and he would say nothing. So I am still learning to make the commitment on my OWN, which is something I need to do. I am done expecting someone else to nag me, urge me, whatever. I need to learn to make that commitment and follow through on it.
Anyway... I am happy to feel such an improvement today. I've been super busy today and have actually had a lot of energy to carry me through the day, which feels really good too!
No comments:
Post a Comment