I haven't done one of these in a while! So here I am to share a few things I've been eating lately.
I've gotten really into Chobani greek yogurts. I love pretty much all the flavors. At 15 grams of protein, it is a great choice. I add some high protein granola for some crunch which also makes it more filling. Sometimes I throw some fresh fruit on top. LOVE these for breakfast.
This is the type of granola I use:
Here's another recent breakfast:
Egg beaters with onion and pepper, a thin slice of cheddar and half a whole wheat sandwich thin.
Yet another breakfast:
Peanut butter, banana and some of the same granola on a whole wheat sandwich thin.
Um apparently I take a lot of breakfast photos, cuz here's another one:
On egg over medium on 1/2 a sandwich thin plus a morningstar farms vegetarian sausage (which has 10g protein on its own). A 16g protein breakfast.
I still eat a lot of the Starbucks snack plates when I am out and about. The other day I was out and didn't have food with me, so I ended up going to Einstein's and got this:
It's a Tasty Turkey, which normally comes on an asiago bagel (I used to LOVE that, but I still haven't eaten a bagel post op)... I ordered it as a wrap and without all the veggies except the cucumber. I wanted room for more protein. I ate 1/2 of this as one meal and the other 1/2 about 3 hours later.
I want to make these at home. I have tortillas and turkey, as well as a cucumber I bought and sliced up:
I am planning to go buy their onion and chive cream cheese soon and then I'll be able to make these and they will be awesome :)
I've been eating a LOT of tuna lately, chili, and starting to eat some salads but keeping them very high protein. Putting tons of chicken, sometimes a hard boiled egg or some cheese, sometimes ham or turkey, and keeping the lettuce portion fairly small.
I'm almost 9 months post op. I still eat 5-6 meals per day and around 6-8 ounces. Sometimes less if it's solid protein only. I still do not drink with meals or for one hour after. I have still not touched soda. :)







Thank you for posting this. I am on day 2 of my preop liquid diet and Im struggling. Today I felt like just quitting the process all together, I've been going through the process and been so ready for it for quite awhile, but today I had serious doubts. But this post helped remind me that yes I will be able to eat normal again eventually and get healthy in the process. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLots of pretty yummy ideas for breakfast! Where do you find the breakfast thins?? Are they easier to eat than bread? I have a very hard time with bread and haven't eaten it in a few months now. :(
ReplyDeletesasicas ~
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling!! The first 6 weeks are VERY different, but once you are back on normal solid foods you will find your footing. You will feel more and more normal again, and so much freedom that you don't need so much food, or bad foods, to make you feel satisfied. Best wishes!
s.j. ~
ReplyDeleteThe sandwich thins I buy are Sara Lee brand, and I can't seem to find them online. I get them in the bread aisle at SuperTarget, but have seen them at the grocery stores also. There is a very similar product by pepperidge farm:
http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=994
If you only eat 1/2 and make things open face, it should be okay, but every tummy is different so take it slow! They are very thin so I do okay with them. I don't eat much in the way of any other breads, but these work for me. I do try to limit to one per day and avoid bread the rest of the time.