Hey all! So I always intend to update right after my appointment, but somehow I always find myself almost to the next one before I get around to it. Oops!
Last week's appointment went pretty well... but I have to say my emotions were ALL over the place!!
First the good stuff.... which is, I made a LOT of improvement that she congratulated me for. The entire week I stuck to my schedule with school work, exercise, etc... kept my food journal... everything went really well.
There was even one day where I had some obstacles to overcome and I managed to do so.
It was Thursday of last week. It was around 8:30am and I was on my computer, having my hour of computer time before starting school work... and I got this email from my mom that needed to be addressed, so I called her to talk...the call ended up lasting OVER two and a half hours!!! It was good and we worked through some stuff, but when it was done I was starving... cranky... exhausted... drained... had a headache. Generally feeling very blah.
On top of that, my left hip was hurting. (It's been hurting a lot since I started exercising again. I think it has to do with my back and it's lack of strength.) It was hurting especially bad.
So I was sitting there feeling like I already KNEW what my day was going to be like... I'd eat lunch, start watching TV, want to stay lazy since I was feeling so drained, and I would end up not accomplishing anything.
I decided to let myself rest, guilt free, for a couple of hours and then try to get back on track. Deep down though I figured I would end up not doing anything.
Surprisingly, a couple hours later I felt refreshed and ready to tackle my school work. I did so well that not only did I accomplish THAT day's work, but the whole next day's work too! I finished my two classes and took both finals!!! I was totally caught up and feeling great. I decided to skip the workout because of how much my hip hurt, and I didn't regret it one bit. I felt it was the right choice not to push it. I ended my day feeling very accomplished.
The next day was my therapy and I was thrilled to report to her that I didn't even have school work that day, because I had finished it all a day early. She seemed proud of my accomplishments and I was feeling pretty good.
Let's see.... as for this week so far, it is going pretty well. I've had a couple of workouts with the Wii fit.... but the hip pain is really a hinderance right now. It is even hurting me when I'm sleeping at night. I hope my back isn't getting worse again because the last time I was having hip pain, that was the reason. If it doesn't let up after I've been more active a few more weeks, I guess it will be time to see the doc again and possibly do some more physical therapy. I just hope not because my current insurance won't cover nearly as much as my old insurance did.
Monday was another very atypical day for me where I still managed to get things done. Ian stayed home from work which totally threw me off, because I ended up sleeping in with him 2 hours late. Also, my new computer arrived finally!!! And we set it all up. AND I had lunch plans with my sister in law.
Unbelievably... I managed a workout before lunch... and got straight to my school work when I got home, and got my two lessons done.
I guess this schedule thing is really starting to stick. It's starting to feel like my day isn't going right if I don't get these things done... and that's great. It means I don't always have to stick to the exact order of things because I will learn to work around things and make sure I get everything done.
On the flip side of that, I can also take my own mental health day sometimes :-D And that is exactly what I did yesterday! I just said, today is for me... and I spent the day updating pics, blogging, setting more things up with my new computer... just had a really fun and relaxing day overall.
Today I'm right back in the saddle.... I have a HUGE to-do list and just crossing things off one by one. I did my school work, got our Christmas cards ready (just have to sent them to Costco's print center), addressed all the envelopes... and got this monstrous blog entry done!!! :) Whew. I still have much more to do today including a workout, grocery shopping, wrapping some presents, etc. But I am doing GREAT!
I'm glad things are going well, Christie!
ReplyDelete