Wednesday, July 14, 2010

8 Weeks Post Op

I am now 8 weeks post op and I weigh 262. This is a total loss of 48 pounds. I am thrilled with that! The scale wasn't budging but suddenly it did and here I am. I just have to keep hanging in there and know that it will go. :) My official 2 months will be coming up on the 20th so I still have 6 more days and I'm hoping I'll hit -50! At the 2 month mark is when I will have more official photos and measurements to share. For now though, here's an unofficial photo of what I look like today:

Okay okay.. I still have white legs!! But I think they are getting a LITTLE bit better from all the pool-going :)

Those are the smaller Wal-Mart shorts by the way.

In other news - my blood pressure is in a good range. Today it was 122/70. I don't know what it was when I started, but I know it has improved. Ian's used to be dangerously high before surgery (150/120) and now it's 110/70!! Wow isn't that great?? Ian's stats today at his 6 week appointment was that he has lost 37 pounds. So proud of him!!

We had some really good experiences there today. Kim, the director of the bariatric program at the hospital, was who our appointment was with today. She asked us questions and wanted our opinions because they are trying to make the program better for Sleeve patients. Same thing with our nutrition class today... we spent 30 mins afterward talking to the nutritionist and she took down lots of notes about what we had to say because they are totally revising everything in relation to sleevers. It sucks we had to go through it ahead of the curve, but I'm glad that our insights may help those that come behind us.

Also ~ something really interesting! They told us today that one of the news channels wants to do a little spot on us. I don't know any more than that but I said they could give the lady my phone number and so hopefully soon I will know more.

One more thing. I love crock pots and especially post-op they are great because it helps keep the meat so much more moist. We were using a tiny one meant for sauces because our regular one is just WAY too big. The sauces one though was tooooo small, and also had a crack in it. We picked up this little beauty which is 1.5 quarts (our sauce one was 1/2 a quart, my big one is 6 quarts!)... this size is perfect. I got some chicken breasts cooking in it with broccoli cheese soup pretty much immediately:


If you're interested, it's only $15 on Amazon! :) We love it.

4 comments:

  1. Looking GREAT! Congrats:-) I love that lil crock pot...I might have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christie you look fantastic and are doing so great! I'm proud of youand Ian too!!! I love that crock pot and your blog make over looks cute too!
    That would be so cool to see you on the news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! What's your recipe? Are the chicken strips pre-cooked or frozen? One can of soup? Reduced fat? I do not know how to wing it in the kitchen! Thanks and congrats on your great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eureka, really no recipe and I suck in the kitchen lol but here is the scoop. I use frozen chicken breast TENDERS (they are smaller)... you can see the kind I get in this blog post. You just need enough soup to fully cover how much chicken you put in. 1-2 cans depending. It's fun if you use 2 cans to combine flavors... such as last time I did broccoli cheese with cream of onion. I have also done low fat frozen turkey meatballs with cream of mushroom soup.

    Put the meat in frozen (you can thaw if you want, but to me it's just extra work!) :)... put enough soup to cover. Mix it up so the meat is not sitting directly on the bottom anymore but is still covered by soup. Cover and go! On low it takes about 3-4 hours to cook fully from the frozen state.

    Yes I sometimes use the 98% fat free soups and sometimes not. I'm not too worried about it because personally I don't eat a lot of sauce I just use it to get flavor.

    ReplyDelete