I had my monthly appointment with my therapist yesterday. For those who don't know, I've been seeing her for about a year now working on Intuitive Eating and all my food issues, and just getting my life together in general.
Some of the things I talked to her about this session are...
- How happy I am that my fitness level is where it's at. I missed exercise for a whole week because of getting sick and yesterday I got back to it and got through my workout just fine. I felt GREAT.
- How happy I am that I actually MISS working out when I don't get to, and I look forward to getting back into it. I woke up so excited because I felt better today and knew I felt good enough to work out. The old me would have felt like "oh man, I'm better now guess I have to try to work out again." Instead, the new me is like "yes!!! I feel good enough to work out!! whoo hoo!!" :)
- How the weight loss has slowed quite a lot but I am still feeling so great and so happy about everything.
- How I am focusing on how far I've come instead of how far I have left to go.
- How I am celebrating where I am and who I am right now. I am working to not criticize my body and to enjoy it the way it is.
- My biggest challenge right now - sugar. Been letting too much of it into my life. Going to try and "sugar detox" again so I can nix the cravings. The past week has been very... sugary. LOL! Yesterday was great, no candy, just a coffee drink (and I only get those 1-2x per week). The candy has been the problem. Gotta get back to where I only have it occasionally, not several times a day.
That's most of the health/fitness stuff I talked to her about. We also talked quite a bit about my father in law and how hubby and I are dealing with that. It was a really good session.
Some other news....
I felt like I had a good body image today. I caught myself in some negative self talk this morning and I completely reversed it. I had put on my workout clothes and looked down and thought -geez, after all this, I see my tummy sticking out when I look down. If I don't suck it in, there it is. SIGH. What's wrong with me? But then I thought, let's really LOOK at this. So I turned sideways and looked at the side view of me in the full length mirror. I let my tummy completely relax and hang out. I then tried to REALLY SEE what I looked like without any slanted viewpoint. And you know what I thought? NOT BAD!!!! Even when I let it alllllll hang out... it's not that bad. Especially compared to where I came from. So I told myself, way to go! What an accomplishment! And I felt better about my tummy all day :)
Sounds like a wonderful, positive session! I think everyone no matter their size has negative self images and things we dislike about ourselves...I like how you turned those negative thoughts into positive ones! I need to follow that advice on myself! You're doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteYay! Never forget how far you've come.
ReplyDelete