Well I wrote a long blog post last night, and made sure it was saved... but today, it's not here! :( So I will save most of the weight-related stuff for my weekly update post tomorrow.
For now I'd just like to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments and for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.
Here's an update for you. Neil started his treatments yesterday. He had radiation at 8 am, then had to go to a different hospital for chemotherapy. He ended up having to be there from 10 am to 4 pm. They didn't tell him it would be such a long day... they had to put in a pic line and do a bunch of other things, and the chemo itself was 3 or 4 hours. My mother in law Shirley went out to get lunch and her car broke down! So my hubby went to go help her out. It was just a long exhausting day for all.
Overall though it went well. Neil called us last night and said he was feeling pretty well. He went home with a continuing chemo treatment, some kind of bag thing, that will keep treating him until Saturday. He didn't feel sick yet, but he didn't have much appetite. He has radition every weekday for 5 weeks, and he will have chemo again in a few weeks.
I put together something for him - a Recipe Book. They said the radiation will make his throat really sore and he won't really feel like eating solid foods. Well, having been through weight loss surgery and going through all the post-op phases of eating, I knew some great resources for liquid and soft food recipes. I got many things from Eggface's Blog, and from a few diabetic and weight loss surgery cookbooks. Since he is also diabetic, all the sugar free gastric-bypass recipes are perfect for him. I have a great book put together of Protein Shakes, Protein Ice Cream, Pureed Foods and Soft Foods. I'm going out today to pick up some protein powders, sugar free syrups and an ice cream maker so they will have everything they need to be able to use the recipe book. I really hope it will be helpful for him to keep getting proper nutrition when he isn't feeling well through his treatments.
That's all for now, back with more soon!
I just read this after I sent the e-mail. What a long day :( that is wonderful of you to make the recipe book! That will come in so handy!
ReplyDelete