Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 23 - Oops!

Sorry I forgot to post last night!

First of all I snapped this photo at Curves on Monday, from the computer... this is all the workouts I've done at Curves since starting the Curves Smart program. Check out these calorie burns!


Yesterday I decided to go for another 5 mile walk. This time instead of going 2.5 miles and then turning around, I walked the entire 5 miles one way because it dumps me into a park where I was able to get picked up :) SOME DAY I'll be able to walk all the way there and back, right? :)
It was a beautiful day... only took one photo though:


I had my hydration pack and it sure did help! However I still felt just as tired at the end, so maybe hydration wasn't my only problem. I'm ABLE to do 5 miles but it is still pretty much max exertion for me. But I will just keep doing it as often as I can and it will get easier! The great thing is when I do 3 miles now I am left feeling like I could do more, and that used to be just as tiring as 5 miles feel now. So I don't need to rush it, just be happy that I am gaining more endurance and more muscle.

My back did get really tired this time so I iced my back last night and I elected not to go to Curves today. I feel like I COULD... but with my back it's better to just take the day off. I am planning AquaZumba tomorrow, Curves Friday and I don't know about the weekend but something then too definitely.

Had a tasty fish dinner last night. Parmesan crusted Tilapia with green beans...


Sorry, I forgot to take the photo before I started om-nomming my fish :) This was a very tasty dinner.

I had a lot of trouble meeting my calories yesterday, I just wasn't that hungry. I even opted for a hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen last night (was really craving it) and still had like 900 calories left after that lol. So my last meal of the day was bumps on a log (celery, peanut butter, raisins) and a colby jack cheese stick so I got a lot of calories and protein in at the end there... still over 400 calories below my target... but that's how it goes sometimes! The nice thing is if I go over today (since no exercise) it's okay because I am usually under.

I have some exciting news to share too!!!!

We just booked a cruise for October, and are about to book a cruise for April of next year. Can't believe it! The one this October is just us for Ian's 35th birthday. Italy, Greece, Turkey, France, Croatia and Spain. We are so excited! And Ian really needs something to look forward to right now. We are going on Royal Caribbean.

The one in April 2013 is going to be my whole family (us, my dad, grandma and aunt) for my grandma's 95th birthday. It's very different... a river cruise instead of ocean and on a small ship where everybody gets a nice big window. It goes through Holland and Belgium at tulip time!!

We're very excited. I just wish my mom was going to be here to join us.

1 comment:

  1. 5 miles is a long distance!! You should be somewhat tired until your endurance builds uP right?? That is so exciting about your cruises.. Can I go in yOur suitcase?? I should look into cruises for next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete