
My surgery date - May 20th! Can you believe it? Less than a WEEK from today! So, needless to say the appointment with the surgeon went swimmingly :)
When we arrived I thought the place looked really nice. We had to wait a little while and fill out some more paperwork. I was so nervous! It felt like I was literally waiting for my future to begin.
Meeting with the surgeon was a nice experience. He asked us questions, got to know us, made sure we knew he had all the time in the world for us and the appointment would take as long as it takes. Very comfortable. He answered every single question I had written down on my very long list. He was so impressed that we had gotten so many appointments done beforehand and we had almost nothing left to do. He basically gave us the go ahead right then and had us meet with the coordinator, Diane, afterward.
The appointment with Diane lasted a good hour. We went through all the paperwork we had and she concluded that the only things we had left to do were our pulmonary testing and going to the pre-op nutrition class. We set up our pulmonary testing for this coming Tuesday, right during the appointment... and she said "there's a nutrition class tonight!" so we registered for that and decided to just stay downtown and go to it that night. She started throwing out possible surgery dates - May 27th was her first suggestion and I said that COULD work, but my parents would be out of town (and they really want to be here), and my friend Sarah who is coming to take care of me has to leave town the 31st so that wouldn't really give her time to stay here with me. Then we were discussing June dates... and then she said "well I don't know if this would feel way to soon to you, but we could do next Thursday May 20th!" My head was spinning. I called Sarah to make sure she could come so soon, and she said she could. I called my dad to make sure it worked with him, and it did. So it all fell into place!
Now on Tuesday in addition to my pulmonary testing I also have my pre-op testing at the hospital, and my pre-op appointment with Dr Snyder! And then Thursday is my surgery! WOW, so fast!! Also, the Dr. gave my husband Ian clearance to have the surgery just two weeks after me. He wasn't sure if he could do it that soon until he checked with work, but he talked to his boss yesterday and got the go-ahead. So tentatively his date is going to be June 3rd!
We stayed until the nutrition class which was a 2 hour overview class of everything nutrition related before and after surgery. After surgery there will be more classes. We learned a LOT... and we were each given one of these:
Now that's a book. Wow. Still need to read through everything in detail but I know the kinds of things I need to buy before surgery, and that's what I will be up to today!!
Here we go! I'm off and running!


That is soooo exciting, Christie! Do you mind me asking where and what time your surgery will be (you can e-mail me) and please let me know if I can help with anything after surgery!!!!
ReplyDelete