Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Quick Catch Up

I have been SO busy lately. Very soon I'll be posting about the last two weekends and all the fun things we have done. But this post is going to be just a quick round up of a bunch of things going on lately.

Firstly, all is well for me as life post weight-loss surgery. I have been really active lately, I'm able to eat a huge variety of foods now, I'm happy and satisfied with my small portions and I'm feeling great. I lost 37 pounds in my first month and saw a big difference already:

1 Month Progress - Front


1 Month Progress -Side


This coming Wednesday will be my 6 week checkup! Can't believe it. Everything is going really great for my husband too and Wednesday will be his 4 week checkup and we'll find out for sure how much he has lost.

In other news... a few days ago I found out my best friend wants to move back to Colorado again, and live with us for about a year! I am so excited! We will be like 2 peas in a pod again (I hope) :)


She has a lot of reasons for coming out here for a while, and I respect all of them. Plus I'm just happy we will get to spend more time together for a while. I feel like we will both be going through some changes, and sort of growing up some more, and it will be awesome to be together and support each other through a lot of it.

Let's see... what else. Last weekend we went to Steamboat Springs for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. I'll be doing SEVERAL posts about that very soon. This weekend we went to Estes Park and had a great time... again, coming soon. LOL. We saw Toy Story 3 today and loved it.

This past Monday we had a little BBQ at my parents' house for Father's Day. My dad grilled up some Bratwurst which was really yummy. Here he is playing grillmaster:

Dad the Grillmaster


I was able to eat 1/2 a bratwurst, no bun. It was delicious.

I got this new tank top I really like:
New Tank Top and Hat
New Tank Top and Hat

Ian recently got a brand new iPhone 4... look how happy he is!
Ian Getting His iPhone 4


I have been trying to spend a little more time with my aunt and grandma lately. But it's still not enough... need to do more! This is them on a walk we took a couple weeks ago.
Walking w/ Grandma & Carla 5/31/10


I also just have to share this cute picture. I tried to take a nap the other day but came to find that there was no room left for me. Ian and the 3 cats were doing all the napping!
No Nap For Me


Today was really nice - after the movies we ended up at Ian's grandparents house and we finally gave his grandma Doris the digital camera we got for her. She loved it!!! It's her first digital one.
Doris Gets a Digital Camera
OK now I feel a bit more caught up :) And there are more blog posts coming soon, I swear!

3 comments:

  1. Christie,

    You look wonderful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie,

    I cant believe you had the surgery !! - Good for you!! you look soo amazing

    lori (honeydrizzled@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehee...Ian looks so happy with his new toy and your dad looks like a happy grill-master, indeed! Wow, how exciting to have your besty moving here AND living with you!

    ReplyDelete