Monday, June 21, 2010

One Month Progress

I had surgery one month ago yesterday. Since we got home late from a trip, I did my weigh in, photos, and measurements today. I was so pleasantly surprised by how far I've come in a month!

First, the basics. I have lost 37 pounds and almost 25 inches!!! My BMI has gone from 51.6 to 45.4
Starting weight = 310, Current weight = 273

Next, the photos, because everybody loves photos :)

The first set is in a top that fit me well at my heaviest, and is now nice and roomy:






Now the next couple sets are in some tank tops that were too snug on me at the beginning and are pretty much fitting now.






I also put this little animation together... it was Ian's idea. I would like to do this with the grey tank top photos too because I think you can see more, but it's a lot of work so maybe I'll do those when I take my 2 month photos. I like this because you can REALLY see the difference looking at it this way:


I also want to share my measurements. As I mentioned up top I lost a total of almost 25 inches in the first month! I did want to post the breakdown of all the measurements both for my own records and for anyone who might be interested.

Neck: Was 18", Now 16 1/2"
Bust: Was 54 1/2", Now 50"
Chest: Was 51", Now 46"
Upper Arm: Was 20 3/4", Now 19 3/4"
Forearm: Was 13", Now 12 1/4"
Above Waist: Was 56 1/4", Now 54"
Waist: Was 55 1/4", Now 52"
Hip: Was 61", Now 58 1/2"
Thigh: Was 32", Now 29 1/2"
Calf: Was 20 1/2", Now 19 1/2"
Foot: Was 10 3/4", Now 10 1/4"

Total inches measured - Was 393", Now 368 1/4" (Loss of 24 3/4")


I have a lot to say as far as how I'm feeling at 1 month out and what life is like but I will save that for the next post because it's late and I'm exhausted! But just know that I'm very very happy :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow you look great you can really see the difference. Congrats and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love the pictures:-) I'll be posting mine on Thur. I wanted to wait until after my 1 month post op appt. with the doc. You look great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress! I love the animation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are doing awesome! Those pics are great!

    jae

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is incredible!!! And, so encouraging - I'm scheduled for the 8th. So excited! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Great pics, keep up the GOOD work!! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW EXCITING! I love the animation. Great idea. You'll have to keep updating that as you make more progress! Woo hooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's fantastic! You are looking younger too. Keep it up, I'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're looking great. You can especially see a difference in your face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go girlie! I'm mostly interested in seeing how you are doing with the new food habits and how you are physically feeling!

    ReplyDelete