Friday, August 13, 2010

12 Weeks & First Coffee

First Coffee Post-Op


As of yesterday, I am 12 weeks post-op! Most important thing about that is... I can have coffee again!! Whooo hoooo!! This is a pic of me enjoying a dark cherry mocha frap yesterday at Starbucks with my friend Christine. It was good! :)

I definitely noticed it was sweeter than things I am used to now, so next time I might go for a plain coffee frap, or just ask for less syrup. I am so glad I didn't get whipped cream, I think it would have killed me lol.

In other news, my official weigh in at 12 weeks is:


247 pounds. Yay! I am happy with this. Total loss of 63 pounds at 12 weeks!! So happy that I keep going down. That's an overall average of 5.25 pounds per week. However, the speed really varies. Things picked up when I started my protein shakes and I went down 12 lbs in 2 weeks. I weighed in at 251 on the 1st so I guess it's been 4 pounds the last 2 weeks. I don't even care! Haha I'm just so happy that it keeps going down and I'm really in no rush. Also I really have not worked out other than about 1-2 days a week the past two weeks... life has just been SO busy! I am going to be getting back on the wagon this coming week for sure... and I'm having another yard sale tomorrow which is a lot of work so that will be good exercise too :)

I do kind of hope to get to 240 by our 3 month doctor's appointment which will be August 24th. If not, that's okay too, because hey I am happy! I truly have until Sept 10th to reach 240 in regards to my original goal. When I had surgery I thought, I would like to be 240 again (my typical low weight) by the time I go to my friend Stacey's wedding on September 10th. When I set that goal, I thought it was pretty unrealistic! I mean 70 lbs lost in 3 1/2 months? But look, I am only 7 pounds away and almost a month left to go :) That just feels awesome!!

My official 3 months is coming up on August 20th and I hope to be able to put together a slideshow of comparison photos (not the official ones, but the real-life photos) for 3 months - and plan to do the same at 6 months, 9 months, and a year :)

Life is good y'all!

For those of you who know April
- She called me from Mexico yesterday to say she is doing well, surgery went great, and she is feeling good except for gas pains up in her shoulders - ouch. I will be able to see her on Monday when she gets home!

6 comments:

  1. You look amazing! What do you put in your protein shakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon! I actually don't make my protein shakes, I drink pre-made ones from Costco called Premier Protein. You can see them on my "Stuff I Recommend" page. I have also gotten a couple smoothies at my gym that are 12 oz fruit smoothies, any combo of 2 fruits from their choices, and whey protein added to where you get 27 grams of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking great! How nice to be able to enjoy starbucks again! :) My favorite is their Green Tea Latte, is that available in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Yin!!! It is so fun that you keep up on my blog! Yes we have green tea lattes. I mass hundreds of them when I worked there. One of the easiest ones to screw up, but I always gave them extra attention :) I prefer the green tea frappucino! But I do drink hot ones in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so great. I love reading your blog.
    I'm a fellow scrapper.

    ReplyDelete