Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ian's 2 Month Progress Update

Today is my husbands 2 month surgaversary :) He did EXACTLY the same as me --- 50 pounds!!!! So proud of him!!! It's funny how differently it went for us but it turned out the same in the end. He lost almost the same amount in his first and second months whereas I lost way more in my first month and not much the 2nd month (it's picking up again now though, yay!)

His total loss = 50 lbs. Loss this month = 24 lbs. Total inches lost = 31.5 ... Inches lost this month = 8.75.

Now on to his progress pictures! On the left is starting, middle photo is 1 month, righthand photo is this month.


He says he really hadn't been feeling like he was making a whole lot of progress this month - even though I was telling him he looked smaller - so he says the photos and measurements are an absolute must so you can see the difference. Once he saw those things he could really see it and he says without that he would have been discouraged. He is happy to report that he continues to feel stronger, have more energy and be less tired. He is still feeling very happy that he had surgery.

7 comments:

  1. I came to you a while ago via Marshmallow and was thrilled when I saw you were getting WLS (meant in the nicest possible way of course!). I had a lap band myself last year and it has changed my life. Both yours and Ian's progress is amazing and I am loving watching you both shrink (once again, I mean that in the nicest possible way!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! Way to go Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are doing an amazing job of making the sleeve work for you. You're right, the photos really are a great way to stay motivated. Keep up the good work you two, I look forward to next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. Y'all are doing great! I had VSG surgery two weeks ago so I am about a couple of months behind you. I'd love to see what you are eating now at over two months out.
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana and thank you! I do post food whenever I have something new to post - otherwise I'm eating a lot of the same things that I have already previously shown :) Will continue to post new things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great!! That's the best thing about taking progress photos...the proof! Way to go kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the multi-angle progress pics. I should have done that. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete