Monday, August 16, 2010

Tacos!

Another thing to add to the list of things I've been eating.... tonight we made soft tacos!!

My Taco


We used these Soft Taco sized (6") carb balance tortillas (Click image for more info):


We used 93/7 beef which is very lean.

We also used a packet of Ortega taco seasoning, some diced onions, and some light sour cream.

Bonus, we had some of these tasty beans on hand:


Old El Paso seasoned black beans. These are really tasty. I put just a little bit of that on there too.

And - of course! - some shredded cheese.

Ian also added some salsa to his:

Ian's Taco


They look big in the picture but they are small 6" tortillas and we didn't stuff them very full at all. I think it was about a 4oz meal. Very full! And certainly healthier than any fast-food or restaurant tacos! In the future we would add lettuce or tomato or other fillers but at this point we still can't eat that much so still staying focused on the protein. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment