Today was my 6-week post op appointment at the surgeon's office. It was with the main nurse again, which is fine.. she actually asked us a lot more questions this time and seemed a lot more interested in how things were going for us. What's funny is after my little freak out on Monday, something must have happened because today I weighed 3 pounds less at the gym. And when I got to the dr... their scale weighed me slightly less, even. So my official 6 week weight is...
Yay for 269! That's more like it! Take THAT 273! Bahahahahaha. OK I'm done now :) I guess my swim monday and walk yesterday (plus getting all my water and protein) got things moving again. In case I haven't already said this, those are not my feet. Mine are way wider. But curiously, the toes on her right foot look exactly like mine as far as the directions they curve in. Ha.
I am happy to say that at six weeks I've now lost 41 lbs!!
I'm happy with this. It feels good to be back in the 260's. A place very familiar to me. I don't think I ever really came to terms with being 310 pounds. I still kept seeing myself as the 260-270lb version of me. So in a way I feel like being 310 lbs never happened. But it did and I have photographic evidence lol so it's really good to see how far I've come.
I don't want to set too many goals and end up being diappointed like I was on Monday... but I will be going back to the Dr in two weeks for my hubby's 6 week appointment and getting weighed. I would like to have lost 9 more pounds by then to be at 260 - which would be 50 lbs lost total. I think that's doable with the exercise I'm getting so here's hoping :)
As for my hubby, today was 4 weeks for him and he's down 26 pounds. He started at 339 and is now 313. We both thought he'd be around 300 by now, since he was heavier than me, and men lose faster too. But he doesn't watch his sugars and carbs as much as I do and he also doesn't exercise as much as I do, so it makes sense. He is fine with it though and I am too. He is still a few days from his official 1 month (it will be July 3rd) and that's when we will take his 1 month progress photo and measurements. I will definitely post his measurement results - and his photo if he gives me permission but it depends if he feels comfortable or not.
At six weeks I am feeling great. I feel healthier and stronger. I have more energy. I work out and I like it. :) I am LOVING swimming!!! AND WHO WOULDN'T with this pool to go to?
Wait what?! There are water slides too?!! Way TOO COOL!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your loss! That is fantastic! I hope Ian lets you show his results. :)
Congratulations, that is awesome results.
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet pool. The slides look like a blast too. Climbing the stairs for the slides would be great exercise, lol. Great job Christie.
ReplyDelete41 pounds is awesome... congrats! I can't wait to say the same thing!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great! I'm a couple of weeks behind you. I was sleeved on June 11th. I'm down 38 lbs. I love it, I haven't had a bit of trouble. Your blog is great!!!
ReplyDelete