Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life Cafe at Lifetime Fitness

Last week Ian joined up at Lifetime Fitness where I've been going for several months already. I am so happy he joined and we already got to work out together two evenings last week... which definitely contributed to me hitting me new all-time low, because on those days my workout with him was workout #2 for the day! Whew!

He is definitely impressed with the place (as am I). On Tuesday last week, after our workout, we decided to have dinner together in the cafe! There are a lot of choices that work for us as post ops. Even the not-healthy-seeming stuff like pizza is at least made with low fat cheeses and meats. Breakfast items are made with egg beaters. Salad dressings and mayos are low fat. This makes it really easy.

First here are some pics of the cafe:

Life Cafe


Life Cafe


Life Cafe


We decided to try out a BBQ chicken pizza made on flatbread!

BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza @Life Cafe


BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza @Life Cafe


We split this in half but I was still only able to eat one slice. This is the size of the slice compared to my hand:

photo(12)


Normally when eating a thin crust pizza I can eat a bigger slice... but the chicken!! Chicken really gets me. So I was perfectly content with this little slice. They gave me a perfect container to take my other slice home:

photo(11)


I can't find the nutrition info online for the flatbread version, only for the regular pizza. In the cafe they listed both and I remember it being about 350 calories for the ENTIRE portion... so on average 87.5 cals per slice? That was a pretty small meal after a workout I guess, LOL! It was very tasty and satisfying though... good balance of protein and carb which is important after working out, too.

I really like the Life Cafe and can't wait to have more meals there with my hubby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment