Well the title says it all. I love Curves Smart :) Today I went in a bit early to do a weigh and measure... Mainly I just wanted to do that so my calorie burn would stay accurate. I couldn't remember exactly when I started using the Smart program, turns out it was March 12.
So in the 18 days since then (and only 7 Curves Smart workouts), here are my stats: Down 5.5 pounds and 4.4 lbs of that is fat! She said usually the loss is more water. My body fat decreased from 38% to 36.9% and I lost an inch overall off my body. Most exciting: 1/4" off my arms which haven't gotten smaller in ages! I swear I was floating after that. I was never expecting so much change in just 2 1/2 weeks of using Curves Smart. I can't believe that!
I really want to continue for a while before attempting heavier lifting with a personal trainer. I still love the idea but right now this is working and I am definitely both building muscle and losing fat. When it stops working, then I can try something new :) I'm thrilled with this progress.
Still can't get on board with high calorie when I work out. I just can't eat enough to make up the calories. I have almost 900 calories left over today and only 1 more meal to eat (probably 300 max). But I do the best I can without choosing to eat junk. Again it's working so I won't try to adjust too much more unless I have a solid reason to.
Thats great! I was a Curves dropout from a while back, is Curves Smart a new program they have? I'm wondering if it's safe for pregnancy, I am going to be going through ivf next month, and Id love to start a program that I can stick with even when I am successful! If not, I may try it after baby comes (fingers crossed)! Sound like its going great for you!
ReplyDeleteHi Lori!
ReplyDeleteWell it's not a program in the same sense you might mean... they have a program called Curves Complete that is like complimenting your exercise with an eating plan, etc. Curves Smart is an interesting setup. You get an electronic key tag and you put it into each machine as you go around. It keeps track of your progress and how hard you work each machine so that each time you go it pushes you to improve over the last time. At the end of each workout you see your progress on the computer. I wrote a more detailed post on it when I started:
http://www.christies-blog.com/2012/03/day-10curves-smart-more.html
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start now. It could take quite some time before you do get pregnant and once you do I'm sure you could continue, if not through the entire pregnancy I'm sure for at least the first couple trimesters... of course you would want to ask your Dr. about that. But the reason why I'd say don't wait is if you are really giving it your all you will see results fast. I can't believe how much difference there has been in less than 3 weeks. So I can only imagine what you'd get out of several months. I say go for it! The Curves Smart is an addition $25 but it's only a one-time fee, not per month or per yesr or anything. TOTALLY worth it!!!